Tuesday 1 May 2012

Banana Cake And Cream Cheese Frosting

Oh my God. I cannot even begin to express how unbelievably good these are. MMMMMM. Actually, before you go and make it, I should warn you, it makes a LOT of batter, i had three very big layers, which meant I had one VERY big cake that came to school with me the next day. The cake lasted a while, actually, which is understanding, considering that is was a very big cake, but it was very good. I probably won't be making a cake in a while now because I ate so much of this one. Luckily, I did have my good friends in house to sit and devour it with me so that I didn't feel like tooo much of a fat pig. In all honesty though, if you don't have a big event to take this to or a large amount of people to share it with, I would advise you to half the mixture. Aside from that, I don't really have all that much to say, so whilst I go and work of some calories, or do some revision for my GCSEs, you guys get on with this recipe!


Banana Cake And Cream Cheese Frosting
Bare Necessities
For The Cake
3 medium to large Bananas
half a Lemon
3cups/300g Plain Flour
1 1/2tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda/Baking Soda
3/4cups/170g Butter
2 1/4cups/500g Sugar
3 Eggs
2tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/2cups/375ml Milk


For The Frosting
1/2cup/112g Butter
1cup/225g Cream Cheese
1tsp Vanilla Essence
3 1/2cups/440g Icing Sugar


1. Preheat the oven to 275F/135C.
2. Grease and line three cake tins.
3. Cream together the 3/4cups butter and 2 1/4cups sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time with the 2tsp vanilla essence.
5. Mix in half the flour and the bicarbonate of soda, followed by half the milk, then the remaining flour and milk.
6. In a separate bowl, blend up the bananas and mix with the juice of half a lemon.
7. Mix in the mushed up bananas with the rest of the batter.
8. Pour the batter into the cake tins and pop in the oven for an hour or until cooked through.
9. Once the cakes have cooked, take them out of the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
10. Blend together the remaining butter, the cream cheese, the remaining vanilla essence and the icing sugar and then beat until light and fluffy. Feel free to add more of any ingredient if needed.
11. Take one of the cakes and place it on a plate.
12. Then split the icing into four and spread one quarter of the icing on the top of the cake.
13. Put the second cake on top of it and repeat.
14. Put the last cake on top and spread one of the remaining quarters over the entire cake.
15. Now put the last quarter and the cake into the fridge to chill.
16. Once the cake is chilled, take it out and spread the rest of the icing over the cake.
17. Slice up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment