Sunday, 11 March 2018
Small Gingerbread Cakes
Here's the recipe I was working with:
Small Gingerbread Cakes (makes 6-8)
8oz Plain Flour
1tsp Ground Ginger
1/8tsp Mixed Spice
1tsp Baking Soda(Bicarbonate of Soda)
6-8 Blanched Almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/175C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Lightly grease a muffin tin and place one blanched almond at the bottom of each slot.
3. Breadcrumb together the flour and bicarb with the butter.
4. Mix in the sugar and spices.
5. Beat in the treacle, egg and milk until fully combined.
6. Pour the mixture into the muffin tray.
7. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
8. Leave to cool and enjoy!