This recipe is just so easy! Literally, it only took me like, 5 minutes to make, and it's so hard to mess this up (unless you're my friend who forgot to put sugar in hers). This is such a good recipe just to have for those times when you need to quickly whip something up that everyone will like, it just ticks all the boxes!
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy Sponge Cake
(makes 2 cakes)
125g Castor Sugar
1/4tsp Vanilla Essence
125g Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 165C/gas mark 5.
2. Grease and line 2 cake tins.
3. Beat together all of the ingredients until all the ingredients are fully combined and there are no lumps in the mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into the two tins and pop into the oven for about 25 mins, or until they're golden on the top and are cooked all the way through.
5. Take the cakes out of their tins and place on a cooling rack to cool.
6. OPTIONAL: Once the cakes are cool, put a bit of jam on one, put the second cake on top and serve up!