Wednesday 27 June 2012

The Best Cookies Ever

The title doesn't lie. These are literally the best cookies ever. I never tire of making these because they are just so simple, despite there being a lot of ingredients to it. I also never tire or eating these, and I could easily go through an entire batch of these before they've even gone in the oven! I won't, however, take any credit for this recipe, I got the recipe from a friend of mine, and I think it was her grandmother or something who wrote the recipe, and I think that this is one of the few recipes that I haven't changed over time.
Either way, have fun!












The Best Cookies Ever
(makes about 19 cookies)
Bare Necessities
4oz Butter
2oz Brown Sugar
2oz Caster Sugar
1 Egg
1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
3oz Plain Flour
1/2tsp Baking Soda/Bicarbinate Of Soda
1/2tsp Salt
4 1/2oz Chocolate Chips/Finely Chopped Plain Chocolate
3oz Rolled Oats
1 1/2oz Desiccated Coconut
2oz Walnut Pieces


1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
2. Grease and line two baking trays.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
5. Mix in the flour, bicarb of soda and salt until fully combined.
6. Mix in the chocolate, coconut and walnut pieces until they are fully mixed in.
7. Roll the mixture into small, golf ball sized balls and put them on the tray.
8. Pop the cookies in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Those cookies look and sound amazing. Thank you for the recipe. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Trust me, they really are. You're welcome, thank you for stopping by!
    Aoife xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these cookies too! I make them all the time and in Montana we call them "Cowboy Cookies". ;)

    Have a great weekend!

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a cool name! Yeah I don't really have a name for them, but Cowboy Cookies is a pretty awesome one! I might think of taking that one up :P If you don't mind that is ;)
      Have a fab weekend too! :)
      Aoife xx

      Delete