Tuesday 3 January 2012

Baileys Ice Cream

First post of 2012! I hope you all had a great Christmas and new year and that you have all fully recovered from your hangovers etc.

Until recently, I hadn't ever tried Baileys, but once I took my first sip, that was it. I was hooked. It's luscious beige cream enveloped my tasted buds in an exquisite experience of luxurious, sweet yumminess. Sadly, it wasn't my drink, it was my friends, so I was limited to a meagre sip and my memories to keep me going until I could get my hands on some of my own. I believe the first thing I said after taking that sip was "mmmm", but the second was "You know, It tastes a bit like ice cream!" and it was that sentence that spurred my imagination on to the idea of making Baileys ice cream; and believe me, it didn't disappoint... except for when it was finished.

I actually found this recipe here on a wonderful website called Yummly. It's a fantastic place to find any kind of recipe you can think of and, though some of them aren't amazingly written, most of them are pretty good and you'll be sure to find what you want.

Super simple, and you can replace the original Baileys with any kind of Baileys you fancy.

Baileys Ice Cream

Bare Necessities
250ml/1cup Water
125g/ 1/2cup Granulated Sugar
250g Mascarpone Cheese
100ml/ 2/5cups Baileys
142ml/(just over) 1/2cup Double Cream

1. Pour the water into a saucepans, stir in the sugar and heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Bring the water to the boil and leave to simmer for 5 mins.
3. Leave the water to cool.
4. Mix the mascarpone and the baileys until smooth.
5. Stir in the water-sugar mix and the cream and stir until its completely mixed.
6. Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer instructions. (I did mine for about half an hour)
7. Keep in the freezer in a container until you want to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment