Thursday 29 March 2012

Any Berry Ice Cream

Summer has hit Britain. Even though this will probably only last a matter of days, our glorious nation decides to bare all and dye their almost reflective, white skin a hue of burnt pink. In other words, it's hit above 15C and we've decided that, despite it only being march, it is most definitely summer and, to celebrate this, we must wear minimal clothing and eat copious amounts of ice cream. I know you lot must be getting sick of my constant ice creaming, especially if you don't have an ice cream machine, but believe me, this recipe is as versatile as it is yummy. Sadly, I have yet to find a simple and good recipe for ice cream that doesn't require an ice cream machine, but rest assured, I am constantly on the look out, and I will only give you guys at home the best of the best!


I've made this recipe twice now, once with strawberries and raspberries, and once with blackberries and blueberries, both times it was delish! You will probably notice that I haven't put the weight equivalent for the berries, this is simply because the weight will all depend on the berries you use.


Anyway, whilst I'm lapping up my vitamin D outside, you can get on with this FABulous recipe!


Any Berry Ice Cream
Bare Necessities
1 1/2cups Berries (Fresh or frozen, its doesn't matter)
3/4cups/185ml Milk
2/3cups/150g Granulated Sugar
1 1/2cups/375ml Double Cream
1 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract


1. Stir the milk with the sugar until it has completely dissolved.
2. Mix in the cream and vanilla extract and pop in the fridge to chill.
3. Chop up the berries into small chunks and then take the cream mixture out of the fridge and pour in the berries.
4. If you have an Ice cream machine, pour the whole thing into the machine and follow the normal procedure.
5. Serve up in a bowl or cone or, if you just cant wait, eat it straight out of the pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment