Wednesday 15 February 2017

Just a Small Favour...

Hello everyone!!

So today, instead of a recipe, I'm going to do a shameless plug for a personal projects of mine. But first, a little bit of an explanation. A while ago, I applied for a exchange opportunity offered by my university which would allow me to study my subject abroad in another university of my choice for a term. I obviously jumped at the idea, especially when I found out that I could go and study in Japan; a country that I've wanted to visit for years! Thankfully, about a month ago, I got an email from the Nagoya University of Arts (NUA) accepting my application to study there from the beginning of April. Since then, not much has happened, because I've been waiting for various forms to go through before I can book any flights, but I have been frantically saving and earning every penny that I can to be able to pay for this trip.

This brings me to the subject of today's plea. Whilst I have managed to save up for my rend and flights, funds for my living costs are still looking pretty thin on the ground, so last week, I cam up with an enterprising idea. I have set up a Kickstarter campaign in an attempt to raise the remaining funds needed. My goal is £500 and the pledges start at £5 for a handwritten postcard from me when I'm in Japan, and go all the way up to £40! Aside from the £5 pledge, all pledges offer some of my art (mostly dog related) as the reward, and all of them offer a handwritten postcard from Japan as well. Prints can be shipped to the UK for free, the EU for £1 and the US for £2, and the postcards can be sent anywhere in the world. Having said that, if you would like to pledge for a print, but you don't live in the UK, EU or US, please let me know and I will add your country to the mailing list.

So what are you waiting for?! Make my day, help me not starve when I get to Japan and get some handmade art all in one fell swoop! It's a win-win!

You can access my Kickstarter campaign by clicking here, and please share it around with anyone you know who might like my work, it would mean so much to me!

That's all the butt kissing for now, next time: food.

No comments:

Post a Comment