So as I've mentioned in the past, I LOVE sweet potatoes, and everything with them. So when I
stumbled upon this recipe, I couldn't wait to try them. They are particularly moreish and taste just like the ones you buy in the supermarket, if not better! They are certainly a healthy alternative to crisps, and are especially delicious when they're still cooling down from the oven. Having said that, they only last a couple days at their optimum yumminess, so tuck in!
I sliced my potatoes by hand, but if you have a mandolin or the like, definitely use it to ensure consistently even and thin slices.
Sweet Potato Crisps
2 Sweet Potatoes
dash Olive Oil
(additional herbs and spices to your taste)
2. Scrub the potatoes until clean. This is important, as you won't be taking off the skin
, and you don't want to have a bite of dirt in your snack!
3. Line a baking tray with parchment. If you have more than one tray, definitely use them, if not, just do several batches.
4. Thinly slice the potatoes. I sliced mine about 2 or 3 mm thick.
5. Place the slices in a bowl and toss with olive oil and any additional herbs and spices until all the slices are evenly coated in oil.
6. Spread the slices out on the baking tray. As these shrink dramatically in the oven, you don't need to put them too far away from each other, just not touching.
7. Pop in the oven for 1 hour.
8. Take the crisps out of the oven and turn them all over to ensure an even crisp.
9. Place the crisps back into the oven for another hour.
10. Take the crisps out of the oven and allow them to rest on some kitchen towel. This will allow them to crisp up, and the kitchen towel will absorb any excess oil.
11. Pour into a bowl and enjoy!