Wednesday 1 February 2012

Nutella Ice Cream

OK, so recently I've been going on a bit of a Nutella craze, baking almost every Nutella recipe in sight, and using over two jars of the stuff in the process. I love Nutella. Who doesn't? It's chocolaty, but nutty at the same time and oh-so-good. Sometimes I am sorely tempted to just sit down with a jar of it and a spoon, but then I am reminded of my ever-present conscience telling me that I really shouldn't because I'd regret it. Which I would. So, instead, I just put it in food, so that I can forget just how much I'm eating. Sneaky huh?


So here I present to you, one of my Nutella escapades (and this one I put real nuts in, so it's healthy...right?): Nutella Ice cream. Ridiculously good and deadly easy to make. Enjoy! (I know I did...)


Nutella Ice Cream


Bear Necessities
2cups/500ml Whole Milk
1cup/250ml Double Cream
1/4cup/60ml Granulated Sugar
8oz/1cup Nutella
1cup/175g Hazelnuts (optional)



1. Whisk together the milk, cream, sugar and Nutella.

2. If you are using hazelnuts, put them all into a freezer bag, seal it, and crush them (as small as possible is preferable, I did them a bit too big, the smaller the better).
3. Combine the nuts with the rest of the mixture.
4. Chill in the fridge for 10 mins.
5. Pour the mixture into the ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer's instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment